Mekaal Hasan in 2007

Mekaal Hasan's reputation as a producer remains superlative to this day. Sampooran and Noori's Peeli Patti Aur Raja Jaani Ki Gol Dunya are ample proof of his virtuoso production abilities. 2007 is turning out to be quite a year for him as he is producing six albums. Mekaal Hasan has already started work on Ali Azmat's second solo album. According to Mekaal, the first part is finished. Speaking to Instep he said, "Ali's album is turning out quite nicely. I told Ali before recording that pick up a team who will not only be with you in the studios but will also perform live with you. It's a four-man set comprising of Ali, Gumby, Omran Shafique and Manu. There is Zeb and Haniya's album that I'm working on. It's not rock-oriented as such but more textured. It's different and I hope it does well in the market. I've just finished Ali Sheikh's album. I am producing Saahil's new album, Jal's upcoming album as well as Rubberband's album." That's not all. On the Mekaal Hasan Band front, there are a number of gigs lined up. MHB is performing tonight at Al-Hamra in Lahore and on the 31st March in Karachi. There is also an MHB video, 'Huns Dhun' in the pipeline, which is being directed by Zeeshan Parwez. The video is slated for an April release.

-MuzikPakistan

Comments

Anonymous said…
I will not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to review the unscathed story.